AUGI has presented the results of the latest “user wishes” voting for Inventor. Unlike the previous votings, this one makes sense for me – most wishes are good to be granted in next versions of Inventor (I think it is too late to add anything to the Inventor 2009 feature list).
- Ability to Retain Constraints In Assemblies Submitted by Peter Brodt — well, yes
- True 64 Bit Inventor Submitted by Gary Harrison — a must!
- Show the “other” source of constraint conflicts. Submitted by Xavier Venisse — could help
- Hole on Side of Cylinder Submitted by Jon Selzer — a minor one
- More Detailed Error messages Submitted by Kendred Cooper — always helps
- Spelling Checker Submitted by Tony Fisher — a minor one
- Add Workpoint at Center of Mass Submitted by Matt Dykhouse — long overdue
- Add Quadrant Snap Submitted by D Beaty — good one
- Be able to use ESC Key To Cancel any Command Submitted by Rob Saunders — would be logical
- Different Extrude dimension for bi-directional extrudes Submitted by Cor de Vlaming — a minor one for me
I would add some other wishes – e.g. conversion from/to other file formats, better text formating/editor and easier installation.