You may have noticed it – installing Inventor is much more thank installing a single inventor.exe application. There are lot more programs installed with the default installation of Autodesk Inventor and lots of other programs installable from its distribution DVDs.
I have counted 12 larger .EXE programs (not counting special service-type applications) which are delivered with Inventor 2008:
- Inventor (inventor.exe)
- Inventor View (inventorview.exe)
- Multi-Sheet Plot (msp.exe)
- Design Assistant (dtdv.exe)
- Task Scheduler (taskscheduler.exe)
- Vault (ADMS Server, Explorer, Office client, Backup…)
- Mechanical Desktop
- AutoCAD Mechanical
- SQL Express server
- Design Review (DWF)
- DWG Viewer
So don’t stop at Inventor itself when exploring new functions of your Inventor Suite or Professional package. Especially with Vault – there are lots of other gems hidden in the package.